Monday, August 3, 2009

Week 7 Reflections

Week 7 has been mainly spent working on my final project for the WebTools course and I have tapped into my PLN continuously to find resources for the project. Some of the new things I have come across:

Education Pocast Network (from @skipz)
Wikis for the Classroom Tips and Tricks (via @Teachakidd and @PaulaWhite twitter)

Voicethread 4 Education wiki- tips and ideas (from the wiki above) EXCELLENT resources and links. Includes Classroom partners- a bulletin board type page where you can ask and offer to collaborate with other teachers/ classrooms using voicethread and other webtools.

Grade 9-12 Examples of Voicethreads in the Classroom. Check out the Biology ones shared by Jeff Utrecht. Great examples of using voicethread for a group project to investigate a question and for the teacher to provide formative assessment directly on it. Here is one...


For the Chemists, here is a link to chem lab voicethreads made by students. Topics include: Displacement Rxns, Chromatography, Enthalpy, Phase changes.

Added Education Innovation blog. I liked the post called New classroom rules and also found a useful ppt in this blog called "25 Webtools for Learning Professionals 2009", here it is.

Most we've already seen, but there are some new ones like:
FREE MIND and BUBBL.US for mind mapping
DIM DIM- open source web conferencing tool
One tool mentioned in the slideshow which I might definitely try is EVERNOTE described as an "external brain" a productivity tool to "capture, clip and share notes on the web". Here is a video about it, check it out, it's pretty cool...





I used many of the links provided by my classmates for the site I'm creating and added to my PLN (from 25 Ed Tech leaders to follow slideshow posted in FreeTech4Teachers)
@chrislehmann
@mscofino
@larryferlazzo
@elearningnews
@elemenous
@mguhlin

I also found this neat little site for creating a widget to show all your "web identities" on your blog or site. It's called Show yourself Widget, check out mine on the side bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment