Thursday, June 18, 2009

Guiding Principles (The Prologue)

The main problem that I faced in the past with regards to using technological tools in my teaching is that as the book Technology in the Secondary Science Classroom puts it, I'm definitely one of those people "who enjoy new gadgets and [are] tempted to integrate technology into the science classroom for its own sake."

In trying to come up with my "new and improved" Guiding Principles for integrating technology more efficiently into my classroom, I will first reflect on my own experience with it the first time around and try to summarize the "rookie mistakes" I made. They may come in handy to others and hopefully the exercise will help me develop a more solid set of guidelines to refer to when using educational technology in the future.

(See the next post for a list of "Rookie Mistakes" revisited)

No comments:

Post a Comment