Tuesday, June 23, 2009

iGoogle

Someone was asking about a place where you can access all your online applications at once (eg. email account, Facebook, Tweeter, Reader, etc.). I use iGoogle and I love it. It's basically a personalized homepage. You can customize your page and add gadgets for pretty much anything.

Below is a screenshot of my personal iGoogle page (click on image for a full screen shot).















Go to iGoogle

Gadgets I've added: Facebook, Tweeter, Google Reader, Birthday reminder, Weather, CNN, Digg (there are hundreds more).

You can add gadgets by clicking on the "Add stuff" link on the right hand corner of the page.

N.B. By the way, if you clicked on the image, you may have noticed that the full size shot is hosted in its own URL address, I did this through google docs (super easy, one step, you can share any doc, pic, etc. and have it be its own webpage you can direct people to). I just discovered this.

5 comments:

  1. Very cool. This looks like a great way of putting everything on 1 page...I think I am going to try that out. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have become obsessed with Google reader now. All that time spent going from website to website. Now I have it all in one place. What took me so long to figure this out???

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks interesting, I'm going to try it out as well. More news to follow ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK - I like this one! Very easy to set up, keeps everything in one place. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. iGoogle is GREAT! Thank you, Marta! Now... to tackle Twitter... AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete