Monday, July 6, 2009

Learned from my PLN week 3

This week I really saw the power of all these networking sites. It was great "recognizing" people in different places, seeing how others have been networking. An example of this is the bio network I joined called "The Synapse". Someone there saw my blog questions about copyrights, send me some links, signed up to follow me on Twitter, I'm now following him, etc and I "see" a lot of familiar faces, all sending out really helpful info... ahhh, so this is how it works! Some examples of what I found through my PLN this week:

Royalty Free music- Soundz Abound (from gardenglen via twitter)

National Geo Video Channel and SnagFilms (from the Free Tech for Teachers blog)

Thanks to @berrendsci for directing me to Cmap Tools software for making concept maps. Along the same lines, I found an awesome list of other concept mapping tools through a link sent to me by @cytochromec. Check them out here!

Scott McLeod has a blog called "Dangerously Irrelevant" which I started following and he sent a link via twitter to his top blog posts which are thought provoking and some reports from the NECC. I especially liked his post called Web 2.0 Smackdown post with a list of webtools that people presented.

From rabernt I learned about Clif's Notes blog which has a lot of useful info, like the presentation with tips on ways to use video cameras in the classroom which I posted earlier.

and the list goes on...

On a more personal note, I apologize for not replying to my blog post comments, tweets or reading other people's blogs in the past couple of days. I was having a baby... here is the newest addition to our family, Sofia, born this past Friday 3rd, right on time. And no, I wasn't blogging while giving birth! I had written up a couple of posts at the beginning of the week and had them "Scheduled" to be posted so they would be spread out through out the week (to schedule a post, click on "Post options" below the blog post edit box and set the date and time you want it published).
We need to stay in the hospital for a few more days, so I might be a bit slow getting things out. Still working on the copyright post, coming soon...

7 comments:

  1. I think you were posting while in labor! You're just that good! ;-) Congratulations on baby Sofia. Take some time and rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and great job multi-tasking, multi-tagging, and just plain doing an awesome job at life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and thanks for all the great posts. We have all gained so much from them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! She is beautiful. And you are AMAZING! I learn great things from every post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll have to include a few comments and photos of Sophia when you're ready to go. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Marta! Your daughter Sofia is beautiful. I'm so happy for you!

    And must ditto the rest of the class, you are definitely an asset to our learning! Thank you!

    Looking forward to more pictures of your little girl!

    ReplyDelete